The name is chapel is derived from the surname of the Marquesses of Tablantes who have been the patrons of this chapel since the beginning of the 17C.
The chapel is also known by the name of Our Lady of Las Angustias.
The walls and ceoling inside are covered by Baroque plaster work dating from 1675.
The reredos is probably of the same period as the plaster work.
It includes a painting of the Pietá by Juan de Roelas, which has reached this century in bad repair.
Two large circular windows with the coat of arms of the Cathedral Chapter and the year 1777 illuminate the interior of the chapel.